You have really done it! Your very first escape room is already coming. You might be feeling nervous or excited for this. Well, this article would tell you several tips on how to make your first escape room a success.
1. Have a look around - you have been prepped and instructed by your GM or game masters, the door has behind you has been closed, and your timer starts now. But, what are the things that you have to do? The answer is to take a look at your surroundings. Know all the kinds of props carefully, know the decorations, open everything that could be opened and you would discover some hidden puzzles and clues. It is good to take this course of action first.
2. We are equal - the escape rooms from goescapeartist.com are highly designed for team experience. You should be able to work with your team effectively. Communication is the key. Do not be ashamed or frightened when you want to speak up. You have to tell them what is in your mind and what your observations are. You should be able to brainstorm, compare your notes, ensure that everybody would participate.
3. Take note of your strengths - if you are good in math, you can volunteer to do some computations, while some of your friends would do the other things where they are also good at. If you happen to be in the dead end, you should move into something and tell your teammates to try their luck in their mysteries. Our brains typically work in unique ways and you would never know when you will shine.
4. Divide and conquer - there are times that you have to break in small groups or in pairs whenever you work on several things. If the escape room happens to be non-linear, which means that the mysteries or puzzles do not really have to be solved orderly, this would permit you to attain your victor quicker. Just take note that you should share all your ideas together. See this video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSqkmcH3edQ for more info about escape room.
5. Think properly - do not just simply rule out something that might be illogical for you. Instead, you have to give the person what that thing is and let him or her give a try to think that would make it logical. There are some things that would turn out to be reasonable. But, even if it does not, it may still give you sensible ideas. But, you should be extra careful by not damaging the properties that are in the room at goescapeartist.com.