A place to discuss and explore Christianity and its rich and vast history; to learn from that "great cloud of witnesses", the Church Fathers -- those who have learned from the Apostles and left us their writings.
I don't want this place inundated with arbitrary rules, so here's a few basic principles I'd expect any Christian to uphold.
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer everyone.
• We affirm the Nicene Creed and what is considered historical orthodoxy (mainly summed up in the creed: virgin birth; life, death and physical resurrection of Christ, and the Triune God).
• Don't hate. No racism, bullying, personal/targeted attacks, ad homs or ill intent of any kind. Love one another as Christ loves you.
• If you do have a problem with someone, follow the biblical principles: talk to that person to find resolve. Failing that, make a group chat with an admin to oversee. If all else fails, ignore them and don't engage. Personally I'd prefer it if people didn't block one another but do as you must if you are antagonised.
• Discuss and debate respectfully. Remember, the tongue has the power to give and take life, bless and curse — so learn to control it. Don't provoke someone into a fruitless argument to make a point.
• Do all things in love for the encouragement and building up of one another in Christ. We're here to study and learn as iron sharpens iron, not win points in an argument.
• If you make a claim, be prepared to back it up with Scripture and/or historical/relevant texts
• Don't block admin's or you will be removed unless you unblock them.
• I realise we have a lot of people from all over the world here now, but if possible, please post in English or provide a translation just so the group is accessible to all members as much as possible :)
• No advertising or spam posts or you will be