In the recent times, securing a Medical Marijuana Card is easier than ever. A medical cannabis card issued by the state enables the patients to acquire, possess or cultivate cannabis with an mmj doctor prescription.
Possessing a medical marijuana card will keep its owner away from civil and criminal penalties because marijuana is still illegal under the federal laws. However, in states where marijuana is legal, having a card can be really helpful to obtain cannabis from dispensaries that are allowed to sell it.
There is a procedure involved in procuring the card, where the applicant has to be approved by the state-approved medical doctor who owns a license himself. And once approved, the applicant can pay fees and get the card, and use it for buying or cultivating marijuana for medical purposes.
Steps To Getting A Medical Marijuana Card:
Before you apply for the card, it is important that you gather all the necessary information, and then go about the process.
• Get to know the restrictions and legalization that are applicable in your state for medical marijuana. Each state differs on the rules relating to cannabis, and it is always useful to be aware of these laws before you go about applying for the card.
• The next step is to get your medical records together. While you apply for the card, the state would want to know about any illnesses or medical injuries that you suffer from and what all can be treated with marijuana. Your personal physician will have to help you here, in acquiring the card by personally working with the state’s department.
• Because only some states have legalized the use of marijuana, you will be required to produce some address proof that will prove that you are the citizen of that particular state. This is necessary for availing your online medical cannabis card.
• You also have to know what medical conditions stand eligible for procuring the medical marijuana card. You can get the list of such ailments from your state’s health department. Complex Paediatric Care, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Complex Adult Care, Epilepsy, etc. are some medical conditions that will be part of the list.
• Apart from your ailment being on the list, you will also need an approval from your personal physician stating that medical marijuana is going to be of your use. While some doctors don’t support the use of cannabis for treatment, there is also an mmj doctor who is always in favor of using it.
Make sure you strike off everything on this list before you apply for the card. Getting a marijuana card in states where it is illegal can prove to be beneficial, as you will be able to avail it or grow it yourself and still stay safe from criminal proceedings. While using marijuana without legal permission will be considered an offense against the state and result in a civil charge or potential jail term. Having a card with small fees can save you from all this. So, apply today.