Yields: my recipe- 25 cookies, original- 50 cookies
1C + 2T Flour
½t Baking Soda
½C Butter (1 stick soft [room temp, not melted])
6T Sugar (or ¼C + 2T)
6T Brown Sugar
½t Vanilla (or sub with water)
¼t Water (or ¾t if no Vanilla)
1C Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (toll house, of course)
*I loathe Vanilla. When I shared a room with my sister she was in love with everything Vanilla scented, too this day I can't stand it so I just sub with water in most recipes.
If you would like to make a cookie crisp instead reduce flour by 2T.
1. Preheat oven to 375°f.
2. In medium bowl sift together flour, salt, and soda; set aside.
3. In large bowl blend together butter, sugars, vanilla, and water.
4. Beat in egg till well blended.
5. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, mix well.
6. Fold in chocolate chips till well incorporated.
7. Drop onto a prepared cookie sheet at 1T (orginal recipe calls for ½t).
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.