explicitClick to confirm you are 18+

Importance of Mold Inspection

thewaterdamagerenovationsguideJun 4, 2019, 5:22:11 PM
repeatthumb_upthumb_down

It is not a good sign to have a damp and wet basement in your house. Some people ignore the musty smell and the humidity in the air, when they really should not. When nothing is done, there will be damage to the walls, floor, foundation, and property in there. Then there is the problem of mold and mildew growth.

When you leave the house in that state, your family shall start showing signs of respiratory issues, headaches, allergic reactions, asthma, and even cancer. If you do not see anything strange in the basement, do not convince yourself it is safe, as long as it is damp. You get to be sure only after hiring a professional mold inspection and removal service or find out more info.

You can tell of mold presence when you see a green, brown, gray, or white splotches on the surfaces and items in the basement. You can also tell when you detect a musty odor, water damage signs like water stains or peeling wallpapers, water leaks from pipes or the outside, recent flooding in the basement, and an increase in symptoms like coughing, sneezing, and headaches after being in the basement. You should therefore not hesitate in calling in the professional for mold testing. A test shall let you know what to do next. It is better not to find any than to ignore the problem.

Mold testing shall let you know if they are present, and go further to tell you how extensive their spread is, the regions it is thriving the most, and the type of mold present. They shall inspect every corner and get samples. They will also take samples of the air for detection of spores. They shall also collect the air samples in other areas of the house. They will then proceed to the lab to do the analysis. This is how they shall generate a report of the issues you are going through or get info to learn more.

Should they detect the presence of mold, they shall proceed to offer the mold removal services. They get to offer that service fast before things get out of hand. The first thing they do is seal off the contaminated areas. They will next spray the visible mold, vacuum it up, apply antimicrobial and antifungal agents on the surfaces, and purify the air. If they find items that are too contaminated, they will have to get rid of them.

You need to find a way to get rid of the mold in the house. You also need to make sure you put preventative measures in place, to avoid another growth. You thus need to keep the basement moisture free, and the house as well ventilated as possible. If you see any signs of mold in there, call in the professionals. This is how you preserve your health and keep the property in good shape.