Good News of the Week, May 26, 2021
2. The “lab leak theory” of Covid origins used to be dismissed as a conspiracy theory. Now MSM is supporting the idea as intelligence on sick staff at the Wuhan Institute of Virology fuels the debate.
3. Florida Governor Ron DeSantis signed legislation that gives every Floridian the power to fight back against deplatforming and allows any person to sue Big Tech companies for up to $100k in damages. It also allows the FL Election Commission to impose steep daily fines on any social media company that deplatforms any statewide or non-statewide candidate.
4. Alabama Governor, Kay Ivey, signed a bill banning vaccine passports in Alabama.
5. Houston Methodist hospital system repeatedly tried to bribe staff to get the jab, but many refused. Now the CEO is threatening to fire them, but community and staff are uniting and fighting back with petitions, protests and threats to sue if the policy is not changed.
6. America’s Frontline Doctors are suing the federal government and requesting a restraining order to prevent forcing the jab on children under 16.
7. Israel is lifting most of their Covid restrictions next Tuesday, June 1st.
8. The “Saturday Night Live” season finale featuring rapper Lil Nas X tied last week’s episode for the lowest ratings of the season.
9. The Texas Legislature approved a measure that would eliminate the requirement for TX residents to obtain a license to carry handguns if they are not barred by state or federal law from possessing a gun. Gov. Abbot said he will sign it.
10. An armed citizen in Miami, FL, intervened and scared off anti-semitic attackers who were throwing garbage and verbally threatening a Jewish family as they left their synagogue.
11. President Trump formed the “1776 Commission” to establish patriotic education in our schools. The group met Monday to discuss how to combat the recent push by the Biden administration to teach Critical Race Theory in our schools.
12. A national PAC was launched Monday to raise awareness about CRT and the 1619 Project, overturn its teaching by campaigning for school board candidates nationwide and to restore patriotism and pride in our American history.
13. The Texas Senate approved a bill banning Critical Race Theory from public schools and open-enrollment charter schools. Oklahoma, Idaho and Tennessee have already acted to ban CRT from schools.
14. A national group called US Parents Involved in Education published a resource guide for parents who are fighting Critical Race Theory in their local school districts.
15. A US judge officially dismissed the federal charges against Steve Bannon, citing President Trump’s full and unconditional pardon he issued the day before leaving office.
16. A bill passed the Texas Legislature that will require public schools and universities to display our nation’s motto “In God We Trust” in a conspicuous place if a poster or framed copy of the motto is donated to it.
17. Facebook whistleblowers spoke out and leaked internal documents to Project Veritas. They detail how Facebook secretly censors vaccine concerns on a global scale.