| Things I Hated About the Animal Crossing Fandom: |
1) Complaining about the lack of “mUh diVERsiTAAAYYY” when it comes to hairstyles.
2) When someone asks if they can have one of your villagers (Lolly is not for sale, go away and get your own amiibo card).
3) Accusing players of “cheating” for time-traveling, using Amiibo cards, etc., which isn’t even against the rules like da fuq?
4) Accusing you of having certain villagers because they’re popular (No because they’re cute and love their aesthetic, okay? This goes for Raymond.).
5) Selling Raymond on Nookazon for real money (or making villagers pay real money to visit their island to see Raymond sing K.K. Bubblegum in a maid dress).
6) Constant whining about how the game is incomplete, although the main purpose of it having downloadable content is to make us more interested in the game and come back for more (yes, I love Brewster, but shut up and be grateful we have new furniture/emotions/some similar feature).
7) Getting triggered over a white girl wearing “space buns”
8) Posting your DM drama with other in everyone’s newsfeed or stories (keep that shit private bro, ain’t nobody want to see that)
9) Bringing politics into the fandom (hosting BLM “protests” on your island, putting Sleepy Joe yard signs near your home, posting cringey shit like “Isabelle says ACAB!”, etc.).
10) “You can’t have the same theme as me, that’s stealing!!!”
11) Forcing your ships down our throats and demanding Nintendo to follow your every command.
12) Pretending to be “so wholesome uwu” when they’ve been nagging Nintendo relentlessly to release a new game.
13) “OMG uchi (meaning “big sister” in Japanese) villagers are so abusive!” (Ursala: Who gave ya that black eye? Hold my earrings, girl!)
I could go on and on...
Animal Crossing is a chill game and an instant serotonin boost, but the rabid, toxic fans made me leave the fandom because they were UNBEARABLE. I don’t want fandoms to ruin a franchise for me.