"This is a list of fifty common indicators shared by most abductees. It is based on known research on the subject and Melinda's personal findings. It has been compiled to help you determine if you are an abductee. Of course, there may be other explanations for some of these occurrences, and this is in no way an absolute means of knowing if you are an abductee. If you or someone you know does fit any of these traits listed here, please seek the help of a qualified researcher or therapist. This list is not in any particular order."
* Have had missing or lost time of any length, especially an hour or more.
* Have unusual scars or marks with no possible explanation of how you received them, especially if you have an emotional reaction to them (i.e. small scoop indentation, straight-line scar, scars in roof of mouth, in nose, behind or in the ears, or genitals, etc.)
* Have seen balls of light or flashes of light in your home or other locations.
* Have a memory of flying through the air which could not be a dream.
* Have a "marker memory" that will not go away (i.e. alien face, examination needle, table, strange baby, etc.).
* Have seen beams of light outside your home or come into your room through a window.
* Have had vivid dreams of aliens or UFOs.
* Have had numerous UFO sightings in your life.
* For women only: Have had false pregnancy or missing fetus. (Pregnant and then not).
* Have awoken in another place than where you went to sleep, or don't remember ever going to sleep; for example, lying upside down in the bed or a car.
* Have had a dream of eyes such as animal eyes (like an owl or a deer), remember seeing an animal looking at you. Also applicable if you have a fear of eyes.
* Have awoken in the middle of the night startled.
* Have a strong reaction to pictures of aliens, either an aversion or being drawn to.
* Have unusual fears or phobias; for example: heights, snakes, spiders, large insects, certain sounds, bright lights, your personal security, or being alone.
* Have experienced self-esteem problems.
* Have awoken with marks, burns, or bruises with no explanation for how you could have received them.
* Have had someone who claims to have witnessed a ship or alien near you or has witnessed that you have been missing.
* Have had at any time blood or an unusual stain on sheet or pillow, with no explanation of how it got there.
* Have an interest in the subject of UFOs or aliens or an extreme aversion to the subject.
* Have been compelled to drive or walk to an out-of-the-way place or unknown area.
* Have the feeling of being watched all the time, especially at night.
* Have had dreams of passing through a closed window or solid wall.
* Have seen a strange fog or haze that should not be there.
* Have heard strange humming or pulsing sounds and you could not identify the source.
* Have had unusual nosebleeds or have awoken with a heavy nose bleed.
* Have awoken with soreness in your genitals which cannot be explained.
* Have had back or neck problems, T-3 vertebrae out often, or awoken with an unusual stiffness in any part of your body.
* Have sinusitis or nasal problems.
* Have had electronics around you go haywire or oddly malfunction with no explanation.
* Have seen a hooded figure in or near your home, especially next to your bed.
* Have had frequent or sporadic ringing in your ears, especially in one ear.
* Have a fear of doctors or tend to avoid medical treatment.
* Have insomnia or sleep disorders.
* Have had dreams of doctors or medical procedures.
* Have frequent or sporadic headaches, especially in the sinus, behind one eye, or in one ear.
* Have the feeling that you are going crazy for even thinking about these sorts of things.
* Have had paranormal or psychic experiences or have these abilities.
* Have been prone to compulsive or addictive behavior.
* Have channeled telepathic messages from extraterrestrials.
* Have been afraid of your closet now, or as a child.
* Have had sexual or relationship problems.
* Have to sleep against the wall or have your bed against the wall.
* Have a difficult time trusting other people, especially authority figures.
* Have a sensitivity towards certain lights or sounds.
* Have had dreams of destruction or catastrophe.
* Have the feeling that you are not supposed to talk about these things, or that you should not talk about "them."
* Have tried to resolve these types of problems with little or no success.
* You fit many of these traits but can't remember anything about an abduction.