The key findings of the study include:
1. Fiber optic is the most climate-friendly transmission technology.
2. Network access via broadband cables is more efficient than mobile network access.
3. Streaming with 5G results in over twice the greenhouse gas emissions per hour when compared to corded/wired fiber optic connections.
4. Streaming with 4G results in over six times the greenhouse gas emissions compared to corded/wired fiber optic connections.
5. Streaming with 3G results in almost 50 times the greenhouse gas emissions compared to corded/wired fiber optic connections: https://humansarefree.com/2020/09/study-streaming-video-with-5g-uses-a-lot-more-energy-than-streaming-with-fiber-optics.html