JEE Main 2019 (First attempt) is scheduled for 6th January 2019 to 20th January 2019. It will be conducted in computer-based mode by National Testing Agency (NTA) twice a year (January and April). Like any other competitive exams, there are certain Dos and Don’ts that candidates need to follow when appearing for the JEE Main exam. One of the most important things to consider when appearing for the JEE Main exam is to know the dress code for the exam. To know the dress code for JEE Main 2019 exam, go through the information provided below.
Although National Testing Agency (NTA) has not prescribed any particular guidelines on what to wear and what to avoid when appearing for the JEE Main 2019 exam, however, considering the guidelines of previous JEE Main exams (2016 and 2017), you can follow the below mentioned instructions to appear for the JEE Main 2019 exam.
• Avoid wearing a shirt and a trouser with multiple pockets. Instead, wear a simple shirt and a trouser. While male candidates can wear a simple t-shirt and jeans, a female candidate can wear top/kurti with leggings.
• Avoid wearing any fancy jewellery and accessories.
• Coming to footwear, it is recommended not to wear high heels or shoes. Male candidates are suggested to wear floaters/slippers while female candidates are suggested to wear floaters/slippers or flat footwear.
• Avoid wearing full sleeves shirts and kurtas.
• Also, avoid wearing brooches and heavy jewellery.
• Candidates are not allowed to carry any sort of instruments such as Geometry, Purse, Pencil, Handbags, Textual Material, Stationery, any sort of paper, Water, Eatables, mobile phone, log tables, calculator, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Camera, Electronic watches, Earphone, Pager, Electronic Devices etc. in the examination hall.
• Diabetic students are allowed to carry eatables such as sugar tablets, fruits (banana/apple, orange) and water bottle (transparent) to the examination hall. While these items are allowed to diabetic candidates, they are not allowed to bring packed foods like candy/sandwich/chocolate etc.
• Candidates are recommended to bring their own pencils, erasers, colour pencils, crayons, and geometry box set for the Aptitude Test of Paper 2.
Related Article: JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus 2019-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
So, these are JEE Main 2019 dress code regulations that you need to consider and things to avoid when appearing for the exam. Failing to fulfil the regulations set by National Testing Agency for the JEE Main 2019 exam may also lead to cancellation of the candidature of the candidate. So, make sure to follow each and every regulation carefully when appearing for the JEE Main 2019 examination.