The Project Management Professional (PMP) is a vital industry-recognized certification for project managers.
You will discover PMPs leading projects in virtually any country and, unlike other PMI certifications that concentrate on a specific geography or domain, the PMP is really global. As being a PMP, it is possible to are employed in every industry, with any methodology plus any location.
The PMP can also guarantee a significant advantage with regards to salary and earning potential. Among survey respondents to PMI’s Earning Power Salary Survey, those with a PMP certification garner a higher salary (20% higher on average) than these with out a PMP certification.
Employers benefit also. When a lot more than one-third of these project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete much more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the marketplace study, PMI, 2015.)
The PMP shows that you speak and view the global language of project management and connects you to definitely a residential district of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide. Become a PMP and turn into an undertaking hero.
Who Should Apply for PMP Exam?
A skilled project manager who meets the next requirements:
* Perform their duties under general supervision and therefore are responsible for every aspect of the work for that duration of the work.
* Lead and direct cross-functional teams to deliver projects within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources.
* Demonstrate sufficient knowledge and experience to appropriately apply a methodology to projects that have reasonably well-defined project requirements and deliverables.
* For more details, see Application Tips. Complete application requirements and role definition are available in the PMP Handbook.
Gain and Maintain Your PMP Exam
The PMP application will need one to organize your hard work experience. See what you ought to apply.
The PMP certification exam has 200 multiple-choice questions, along with 4 hours to complete it.
To maintain your PMP, you need to earn 60 professional development units (PDUs) every 3 years.
PMP Exam Price
* Member: US$405.00
* Non-member: US$555.00
Prerequisites for PMP Certification
* Secondary degree (high school diploma, associate’s degree or perhaps the global equivalent)
* 7,500 hours leading and directing projects
* 35 hours of project management education
* Four-year degree
* 4,500 hours leading and directing projects
* 35 hours of project management software education
This post is just a summary of the eligibility requirements. For complete details, see the PMP Handbook. Should you don’t meet the criteria for that PMP, take into account the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
PMP Exam Guidance
To earn your Project Management Professional (PMP) credential, you'll want to meet the experience and education requirements, and pass the PMP examination, a 200-question, multiple-choice test.
However advanced any project management experience or education may be, you must still prepare vigorously to the exam.
Successful PMP candidates typically use multiple study aids, including courses, self-study and focus groups.
Get Success in PMP Certification:
An average of, successful PMP candidates will pay out 35 hours or higher to organize, so make sure you leave yourself a lot of preparation time prior to taking the exam.
Get Overview of PMP Exam:
Ideas to Plan for the PMP Exam
* Review the PMP handbook.
* Review the existing PMP Exam Content Outline.
* Familiarize yourself with PMP Sample Questions.
* Enroll in a formal training offered by PMI chapters or accredited Registered Education Providers (R.E.P.s).
* You also can review self-study books provided by R.E.P.s as well as other reputable training organizations.
* Review the most up-to-date edition of A Help guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK Guide).
More details about PMP Syllabus go this popular web portal.