Outlook takes good care of your entire emails and keeps you reminding about the latest events and appointments. In case you want to check your Yahoo emails on an offline mode or directly form desktop, configure it.
Accessing your all emails and folders is possible after configuring Yahoo mail account with Outlook. The task of managing your emails will become easier once you start receiving all your emails in Outlook.
The blog attempts to give you step by step instructions for configuring Yahoo email with Outlook.
• Primarily, you need to open Outlook 2016 on your desktop and enter on File tab placed on the top left side of the window.
• With this, enter on Add Account option. With this, a new window will open on your computer system.
• With this, you need to enter on Manual setup or additional server types choice, click Next button.
• You have to choose POP or IMAP choice on the next screen and enter Next. And you will be directed to POP & IMAP Account Settings window.
• You need to add information as given below:
o Your Name: Enter name
o Email Address: Enter your account email address.
• Server Information
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server:imap.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP):smtp.mail.yahoo.com
• Login Information
User Name: Enter your user name
Password: Enter the password
• Now, click on More Settings button placed on the same window.
• Choose Outgoing server tab. You need to check the box which is next to choices:
o My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
o Use same settings as my incoming mail server
• Go to the Advanced tab and you have to verify the following information:
Incoming server (IMAP): 993 or 143
Outgoing server (SMTP): 587 or 465
Incoming server encrypted connection: SSL
Outgoing server encrypted connection: TLS or Auto
• Enter OK and then enter Next button.
• Now you will see a Test Account Settings window appearing on the computer system screen. Enter Close and then Click Next option.
• Lastly, enter Finish. And now you can access Yahoo account through Outlook 2016.
Result: You will see your Yahoo Mail account becoming visible on the left side of the Outlook 2016 window.
These given steps will fruitfully bring your Yahoo emails to Outlook.
Related blog: Synchronize Outlook Data with Yahoo?