Being a student, myself, who constantly needs professional writers to help me work on my academic requirements, it is important for me to be able to weed out bad writing service companies from the good in the shortest possible time. Through the course of my evaluations of these websites, I conclude that there are indeed telltale signs to spot writing services that produce poor quality papers.
1. BuyEssay is a U.K.-based writing service catering mostly to American, British, Canadian, and Australian students. To start, I called their customer service to clarify on some preparatory matters but they only kept on referring me to other agents for answers. It was already a red flag from the start! Prices start at $15 per page, which is a little higher than the average rates in the industry. Customer testimonials would tell that this company does not offer enough freebies to offset the high rates. I guess the worst factor of this business is that it observes a system where their prices fluctuate, which could end up being against the customers.
2. Custom-Writing has been in the industry for 10 years now. To start, I read the sample writings posted on-site and was stunned on how it tried to deceive customers by being repetitive to reach the minimum word count. To make it worse, it had a lot of grammatical and structural errors. Like any other bad writing services, testimonials found off-site are mostly issues with poor quality and citations. I found that my paper had the same problems, which really disappointed me because their prices start at $16.49 per page, which is significantly higher than the majority of the companies in the industry! With that amount, I would expect nothing less than perfect.
3. ThePensters has been in the industry for two years and hired at least 700 writers, as what they claim. This company is not off to a good start because I have read beforehand a lot of negative reviews about it. The paper I ordered was supposed to be really simple but I ended up getting a poorly written paper. I am not sure whether it was because of the lack of communication with the writer or if he really was just incompetent to start with. Worse, it appeared like they did not even have a customer service to call to when disputes arise so I was left to settle my issues with the assigned writer. Lastly, while it advertises that their prices start at $9 per page, it seemed like I paid twice as much.
4. EssayAcademia is an academic writing service. Because it specializes only in one category, the number of services is quite small. Based on my purchase and several reviews online, I can confirm that this company produces really horrible papers. I would expect some mistakes had I picked a tighter deadline but I did not. In fact, they had ample time to work on it but still I ended up receiving a crappy product. The customer service did try to accommodate me but being courteous is not enough to fix the quality of the order. The worst part of this company is the fact that its prices start at $18.95, which is significantly higher than the average rates in the industry, and which totally do not match the quality of its products.
5. Several students have expressed concerns regarding the products and services of HelpMyEssay. True enough, you could already tell at the onset that there is nothing much this company is going to offer to you because their website is practically empty. There is no information whatsoever regarding its writers and its customer service. I could not even find a BBB membership to help me feel secure in making a transaction with the company. The company does not even have a pricing chart available on-site. Overall, there is nothing much to find in this company and we should all probably just stay away from it!